Pet-Friendly Newport Beach
Skip the boarding facility for your family’s best friends and bring them along to pet-friendly Newport Beach! With a little planning, you can find lodging, dining and plenty of activities that welcome your pets. To ensure pets continue to be welcomed in our seaside city, please always pick up after them, keep them leashed, and be kind and considerate.
Check in to one of these pet-friendly hotels during your stay in Newport Beach. Call ahead for information about pet deposit amounts and weight restrictions.
- Balboa Bay Resort: Dogs must be 50 pounds or less; $100 non-refundable per night pet fee.
- Balboa Inn the Resort: Pets allowed under 50 pounds with a first night fee of $50 and a $25 fee each consecutive night there after.
- Renaissance Newport Beach Hotel: Dogs and other small pets 25 pounds or less are allowed. $50 per pet per night fee.
- Hyatt Regency Newport Beach: Dogs under 20 pounds are allowed, and treated to a doggie bed and doggie menu. $75 cleaning fee and $10 daily fee.
- Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach: Two pets up to 50 lbs for an additional fee of $150 per stay.
- Newport Beach Marriott Bayview: Dogs under 30 pounds allowed with a $100 non-refundable deposit.
Beaches and Parks
Pets aren’t allowed on Newport beaches during peak hours, but you can take your leashed dog onto the beach before 9 a.m. and after 5 p.m. At Crystal Cove State Park, leashed dogs are welcome only on the multi-use trail or the paved roads. Corona del Mar State Beach invites canines to its coast from 6 to 9 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
Many restaurants welcome pooches on their patio, here are some local restaurants that will allow leashed dogs.
- Bluewater Grill: Enjoy the fresh seafood and views of the bay while dining with your dog on the outside patio. www.bluewatergrill.com
- Pacific Whey Cafe & Baking Company: Come for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and treat your canine companion to a bag of homemade treats. www.pacificwhey.com
- Bloomingdale’s 59th&Lex Café: A favorite of dog-lovers while shopping at Fashion Island. www.bloomingdales.com
- Wilma’s Patio: A Balboa Island restaurant that’s very popular with pets and their owners after walking the tiny island’s picturesque waterside sidewalks. www.wilmaspatio.com
- Cafe Panini: Corona del Mar is a pet-friendly paradise where walking dogs is part of the culture. The outdoor seating at this eatery on PCH almost always has a dog resting while its owners dine. www.mypaninicafe.com