Getting Engaged? Here are the Top 8 Ways to Propose… Newport Beach Style!
This past weekend alone, three couples I know got engaged! It got me thinking.. summertime is truly the best time to get engaged. The days are long and sunny and the evenings are warm and romantic. Summer serves as prime time to propose, especially in Newport Beach!
We love Newport Beach summers! You can spend all day (and night) outside and they are perfect for couples to enjoy! Whether you’re playing in the surf, sand, paddling, shopping or strolling, Newport Beach is the ultimate romantic playground.
Don’t forget about the evenings – at the end of the day, have a beach-blanket-wrapped cuddle session! Watch the sun slowly set into the gorgeous Pacific Ocean as purple, pink and orange soften the sky!
Without a doubt, if you are planning a proposal, let Newport Beach be the gorgeous background to create one of the most special moments of your life! Need some ideas? Here are the top 8 ways to get engaged in Newport Beach:
1. Make a Nest, She’ll Say ‘Yes’: Make the proposal extra special and book a room or a suite in Newport Beach. Turn it into your haven for a weekend (or longer!) Create a romantic, lavish, and over-the-top experience for your bride-to-be… Think Champagne, desserts, flowers, candles… the works! It will be your seaside escape, and will be the perfect proposal!
Whatever your dwelling style is, Newport Beach has you covered! Whether you are looking for a luxurious resort, charming and chic boutique hotels, or something more rustic like campgrounds and cozy bungalows, Newport Beach has that too! For all the comforts of home, rent a beach or harborfront vacation rental home – the choice is yours!
2. Bond on a Boat: Imagine having a night where an entire vessel experience is dedicated to the two of you for one amazing night to remember! Have dinner, drinks, and dessert all under the moonlight, while cruising the gorgeous Newport Harbor. You can pop the question under the stars! I already said yes, and you haven’t even asked yet!
Several yacht charters will create a bespoke experience for your proposal: find the perfect yacht charter for you!
Of course our Gondola Companies in Newport Beach will give an extraordinarily unique engagement experience. Cruise through the small canals larger vessels can’t access, complete with a serenading gondolier and a message in a bottle the gondolier “finds” (you write the custom note)! This will be the perfect moment to start the first day of the rest of your lives together!
Lastly, looking for something more low key? Try renting a Duffy Electric Boat! They were invented in Newport Beach and they allow you to be the captain of your very own boat! No experience necessary and you’ll receive on site training. Have the boat set up before hand with all her favorite desserts and beverages. This will be a flawless romantic evening, perfect for you and your loved one!
3. Public Notice: First of all, who doesn’t like a public round of applause? I know I do! You’ve seen it in movies where a couple are at a restaurant, guy proposed to girl, girl screams yes and the whole restaurant breaks out into a roar of clapping and cheering! Reinvent it, Newport Beach style, it is the foodie capitol of Orange County.
You’re in the right place to find a fantastic restaurant for this special occasion! Options range from award-winning fine dining restaurants with a view to corner tables in a cozy, romantic bistro. Also, Newport Beach offers some of the best Seafood, Steaks and American cuisine as well as authentic ethnic fare as well. Best of all, you’re bound to enjoy lovely coastal views, mild seaside breezes and al fresco dining settings. Cheers!
4. On the Sand: Simplistic and Sweet: Nothing is more Newport Beach, than a proposal on the sand, with a ring in your hand! Go on a casual stroll along the pristine beaches of Newport Beach or consider packing a picnic on a beach blanket. You can’t go wrong with this sweet and simple seaside proposal. Don’t forget to hire a photographer to capture the entire proposal!
There’s different Newport Beaches to choose from too! Each beach boasts distinctive qualities – for a proposal by the pier, go on a scenic walk from Newport Pier to Balboa Pier on Balboa Peninsula. Located on Ocean Blvd and Poppy Ave in Corona del Mar, Little Corona Del Mar State Beach is a less populated gem. Or to propose among amazing tide pools, set out to Crystal Cove State Park – you can explore the tide pools or sneak away in a sandy cove!
5. Above the Rest: Remember, your engagement story is one that will be told on repeat, not only after the engagement, but also for your entire life. One of the first things anyone will ask is, “how did he do it?” No pressure, right?! Well, why not completely sweep her off her feet with a once-in-a-lifetime grand experience? Consider popping the question aboard a helicopter above Newport Beach! You can soar above the sea while she is swept away by the scenery and romance!
OC Helicopters will give you a Newport Beach tour, all from a bird’s eye view! Custom tours are available too! Take in the stunning sights and await the perfect moment to take the relationship to the next level! Now that’s a story!
6. Nature and Nurture: If you love birds are nature enthusiasts, consider embarking on a daytime athletic adventure. There are countless activities to choose, from hiking and biking to paddling and parasailing! Best of all, most of those activities are built for two! Tandem bikes, kayaks, stand up paddleboards and more!
There’s plenty of locations to choose from as Newport Beach is a naturalist’s playground. There’s the Back Bay, you can enjoy miles of biking and walking/running around the serene seabird and wildlife sanctuary. For more of a challenge, head to Crystal Cove State Park, where you will discover California’s native landscape as you weave through several trails with an ocean view.
7. Top Down, PCH Proposals: Cars and Newport Beach go hand and hand – just like you two! The heart and soul of California cruisin’ stems from Newport Beach’s luxury and vintage car scene. Coast up and down Pacific Coast Highway, where you will find several scenic locations to say those four magical words!
Rev it up a notch, and rent or purchase a luxury vehicle found at one of the several rental shops or customized luxury dealerships in Newport Beach. You will find BMW, Ferrari, Maserati, Tesla, Mercedes as well as European and American vintage and collectible locations too!
8. The Charlotte and Trey: Every girl knows the famous Sex and the City scene we all swooned over; Trey gets down on one knee outside of Tiffany & Co. to propose to Charlotte. Why not bring that scene to real life? Propose to her on a casual shopping trip, when she least expects it, then go in the store and have her pick out her ring over a glass of champagne! I’m already jealous…!
Newport Beach offers an exceptional roster of exquisite jewelry stores. Check out Mark Patterson in Corona del Mar who offers hand crafted exceptional craftsmanship for her perfect ring. For a slice of The Real Housewives of Orange County, go to Newport Jewelers where Gretchen & Slade’s fabulous rings were designed. For the ultra-luxe couple, head to Traditional Jewelers at Fashion Island, where you will be met with an expansive collection of designer diamonds. Located on the scenic Newport Harbor, Black, Starr and Frost will give you something old or something new, providing the bride-to-be with rare one-of-a-kind estate jewelry or a sparkling new unique engagement rings.
What are other ways to get engaged in Newport Beach?