Visit Newport Beach “VIP Airline Lounge Membership” Contest
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who are registered as attendees of the MPINCC Annual Conference Expo, follow Contest submission rules, and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Visit Newport Beach, Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Visit Newport Beach, Inc. as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on February 27, 2018, 7:30am PST and ending February 27, 2018, 5pm PST. All online entries must be received by February 27, 2018, 5pm PST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by visiting the Visit Newport Beach, Inc. booth during the MPINCC Annual Conference and Expo. The contestant must share their information with a Visit Newport Beach, Inc. employee, including their email address. The entrant must take a photo with themselves and a Visit Newport Beach, Inc. staff member showing the booth in the background. The entrant must upload the photo to Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter and include #MeetingsNB in their post or tag #MeetingsNB. The entrant must also follow @MeetingsNB. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Visit Newport Beach. You may enter only once per social platform. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Visit Newport Beach, Inc.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive a one-year lounge membership to the airline carrier of their choice, an approximate retail value of $500. (Should actual value of prize be less than this amount, winner will not receive the difference in cash.) If actual value of prize is lower than the stated ARV when prize is procured and fulfilled, then the difference will not be awarded. No substitution, assignment or transfer of the Prize is not permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize or any Prize component with another of comparable or greater value. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Visit Newport Beach. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Visit Newport Beach, Inc.’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Visit Newport Beach, Inc. to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random third-party drawing under the supervision of Visit Newport Beach, Inc. Winner will be notified by email within five (10) days following selection of Winner. Visit Newport Beach, Inc. shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT VISIT NEWPORT BEACH, INC.’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Visit Newport Beach, Inc., anyone acting on behalf of Visit Newport Beach, Inc. and Visit Newport Beach Inc.’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Visit Newport Beach, Inc.. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Visit Newport Beach, Inc. from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Visit Newport Beach, Inc. may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
8. Terms & Conditions: Visit Newport Beach, Inc., reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Visit Newport Beach, Inc.’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Visit Newport Beach, Inc. may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken by Visit Newport Beach, Inc. Visit Newport Beach, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Visit Newport Beach, Inc. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Visit Newport Beach, Inc. reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Visit Newport Beach, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To request confirmation of the name, city, and state of residence of the Grand Prize Winner. Sponsor: Visit Newport Beach, Inc, 1600 Newport Center Dr. #120, Newport Beach, CA 92660
The Contest hosted by Visit Newport Beach, Inc. is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.