Decipher Newport Beach’s Shopping Scene Here!
Sailing, stand-up paddleboarding and surfing are not the only top activities to do in Newport Beach! In fact, locals and visitors spend much of their time in another sport altogether: shopping!
Newport Beach is an exceptional destination for shopping, offering marquee-name designers, West Coast and Orange County exclusive shops, one-of-a-kind boutiques, home décor stores and artisan gift shops for that perfect Newport Beach souvenir.
In addition, the latest fashion isn’t the only thing you can purchase here; Newport Beach is also home to a wide variety of shop options, from luxury and vintage car dealerships to yacht brokers as well!
And the best part is, unlike our friends in LA, Newport Beach’s shopping scenes are all located near each other, all along a ten-mile stretch!
And with five distinct shopping villages, you may be wondering, “where do I start?”
Not to worry, here’s the key to deciphering each shopping destination in Newport Beach in three easy ways:
• Scene: Balboa Island is situated in central Newport Beach and no other place in Newport Beach as iconic, charming and idyllic. This storybook island boasts harbor views and quaint beach cottages. This destination is perfect for a stroll on a Sunday; taking your time window-shopping and finding one-of-a-kind souvenirs!
• Selection: You will find home décor shops for treasures straight out of Coastal Living Magazine. You will also local art, apparel and gift shops too.
• Shops: Can’t miss shops are Art for the Soul (gifts) and Even Sisters (clothing and gifts), etc. etc. etc. (apparel), Olive Oil & Beyond (artisan olive oil), CandlEssence (artisan candle shop) and 5 Seas (boutique).
Corona del Mar
• Scene: Corona del Mar in Spanish means “Crown of the Sea” and undoubtedly, CdM (as locals call it) is a jewel of Newport Beach the shopping scene. You’ll be able to walk along shop-lined Pacific Coast Highway, which makes for a walk able and convenient shopping destination.
• Selection: You will find luxury home shops, locally owned designer boutiques, luxe consignment stores, all located in a row along Pacific Coast Highway.
• Shops: Must see shops are OnQueStyle (consignment), Recycled Rags (consignment), BeachCandy (swimwear) and Bliss Home & Design (home).
• Scene: For the ultimate Orange County fashionista destination, head to Fashion Island. Located at the heart of the city in a magnificent, sun-drenched outdoor setting with gardens, fountains, and lovely ocean views, this isn’t your everyday indoor mall. It truly is a destination in of itself!
• Selection: Fashion Island boasts a roster of more than 125 of the region’s – and the world’s – most popular shops for men, women, children and even pets.
• Shops: I love exclusive boutiques to the area like Rebecca Taylor (apparel), Ella Moss (apparel), Trina Turk (apparel), Roberta Roller Rabbit (apparel), Brandy Melville (apparel) and C. Wonder (fashion and home).
• Scene: Located between Balboa Peninsula’s entrance and Dover Drive, is the scenic stretch of Pacific Coast Highway. This lovely shopping destination boasts an immaculate harborfront shopping experience!
• Selection: Mariner’s Mile encompasses yacht brokers, car dealerships as well as a mix of apparel and home goods stores.
• Shops: Head to A’maree’s (apparel), The Cove (home décor, jewelry and clothing shops), McLaren (automobile), Bayport Yachts (yacht broker), Ferrari of Newport Beach (automobile).
• Scene: A stone’s throw from Mariner’s Mile is Westcliff, locals love this niche of Newport and is perfect for you if you have a passion for fashion.
• Selection: Westcliff/17th Street comprises of locally owned boutique shops as well as big name boutique stores too.
• Shops: I enjoy Bardot (apparel), James Perse (apparel), and Barclay Butera (home).
Where are you headed to first?!