Newport Beach is the Place for Fabulous Fall Fashion Finds
The fashionistas have spoken, and for fall 2016 they’re predicting some of the hot trends to encompass velvet and lace, decorated and adorned footwear, and high-shine metallics … just to name a few. Lucky for you, if you’re in Newport Beach, there’s no shortage of spots where you can stock up on all of these must-have items. From exclusive boutiques to big-name designers, it all is available right here in a spectacular seaside setting you won’t find anywhere else.
You’re sure to score all of the latest looks at O.C.’s premier coastal shopping destination. With more than 100 exclusive boutiques and coveted brands — along with savvy stylists who always are up-to-date on the season’s hottest trends and must-have items — there is something for everyone at Fashion Island.
“There are so many amazing trends this fall, and a few of my standout favorites are velvet and lace, decorated and adorned footwear, and high-shine metallic,” says Sara Aplanalp, Fashion Island’s personal shopping specialist. “Elie Tahari has a beautiful collection this season, full of gorgeous velvets and lace. My top pick is the silvery gray velvet pantsuit (Antoinette Jacket in Velvet, $478, and matching velvet Alanis Pant, $268). Anthropologie has a killer pair of adorned ankle booties (Bettye Muller Bejeweled Ankle Strap Heels, $325), and I’m loving Trina Turk’s bold gold floral bomber jacket (Pep Jacket, $398).”
Yet another fabulous fall fashion for women is Rebecca Taylor’s sleeveless lace peplum top ($375), which graced the catwalk during the recent Style Week OC Fall Runway Fashion Show. And stylish men will love Rodd & Gunn, Fashion Island’s newest menswear store and the premium lifestyle brand’s first US flagship location. Here you’ll find really great sports coats and blazers in two fits — sports fit (slim) and classic — and a full line of apparel and accessories that easily appeals to all ages, whether you’re a cool Newport dad or dapper, style-conscious guy who loves tailored looks. Among the hot picks for fall: the Broughton leather aviator jacket ($898), along with a terrific collection of shoes — like the sophisticated leather George Street boot ($228).
And don’t forget Bloomingdale’s, the exclusive spot for everything from Juicy Couture Black Label hoodies and pants to Aqua’s Emoji jacket.
Lido Marina Village
This newly revamped shopping, dining and lifestyle district is another great place to stock up on the latest in fall fashions — all while enjoying the village’s charming waterfront setting overlooking Newport Harbor. There’s no shortage of high-end and avant-garde boutiques at Lido Marina Village. Look for big names in fashion, including:
• Bailey44 — for contemporary women’s clothing, including transitional pieces crafted from soft jersey knits, pontes, stretch silks and eco-leathers
• Clare V. Newport Beach — for the designer’s signature collection of totes, clutches and sacs, along with a seasonal range of accessories and a curated selection of sandals and sunglasses;
• Eberjey —sophisticated lingerie and breezy resortwear;
• Elyse Walker —fine jewelry, denim, shoes and accessories;
• Faherty —contemporary, beach-inspired clothing;
• Jenni Kayne — a curated mix of apparel and lifestyle products;
• Marine Layer — casual apparel, including the highly popular soft and sustainable
T-shirts for men and women, button downs, outerwear, loungewear, hats, dresses and more;
• Planet Blue — for the beachy/boho aesthetic;
• Steven Alan — for the retailer’s namesake lines of men’s, women’s, accessory and optical offerings, along with a hand-curated selection of clothing, handbags, shoes, and accessories by emerging designers; and
• Velvet — fashion-forward T-shirts and other staples.
There’s even a place for your four-legged friend, with the hip dog boutique Charlie & Me offering stylish and chic dog products, accessories and pet-related home items from around the world.
Yet other haute shopping options include:
• Mariner’s Mile/Westcliff — Home to A’maree’s, where you can find a selection of chic clothing and accessories for men and women; MerMade Designs, offering coral-printed fashion accessories; Elizabeth Charles, a boutique dedicated to bringing New York style to Newport Beach with under- the-radar designers and big names from Fashion Week; James Perse, a must-visit for soft-as-air T-shirts and casual basics; and Bardot for the latest looks from around the globe.
• Crystal Cove Shopping Center — Here you can plenty of appealing boutiques amid a breathtaking ocean view backdrop. Be sure to check out Atelier 7918 for ready-to -wear and conceptual pieces; along with newly opened April Snow for the latest dresses, tops and accessories, and At Ease for Men, offering everything from fine Italian fabric suits and accessories to men’s sport and island wear — all in a personalized shopping experience.
• Corona del Mar — Both locals and visitors alike flock to this scenic stretch of stroll-able shopping spots. Start at Corona del Mar Plaza, with its great selection of shops in a chic upscale center, and then head south on Pacific Coast Highway to Corona del Mar village for fashion-forward stores featuring clothing, jewelry, consignment finds and more.