Fellas, we are well on our way into holiday season – that means shopping for presents, plenty of family functions, friend get-togethers, work parties and more! And before the stressful holiday rush arrives, consider taking a guys trip to blow off some steam before the madness begins!
With places like Vegas and Miami either overdone or sending up red flags to your better half, it’s time for something NEW…Newport Beach, California!
Halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego and a world away from the grind, you’ll find world famous surf breaks, great eats and drinks, R&R, nightlife, outdoor adventure, all within an easy accessible coastal destination
Here’s a list of things to do, make it a weekend – or week!
- Balboa Peninsula is Newport’s hot spot, with a happening boardwalk scene fueled by dive bars. Hit the sand for some R&R, play a game of beach volleyball, or surf the break off 54th street. Also be sure to check out “The Wedge” at the end of the Peninsula – when it’s going off, this body board mecca can have waves reaching up to 30 feet
- Golf at one of Newport Beach’s renowned courses
- Head to Beach Cigar for a cool cigar lounge vibe
- Charter a boat for the day with the guys, and have a guided fishing tour at sea
- Rent an easy-ride Duffy Electric Boat and cruise the harbor, bring your own food and drinks on board or dock at a waterfront restaurant
- Head to Crow Burger Kitchen where you can BYOB (build your own burger), get it “Hangover Style” which includes a fried egg, smoked bacon, and sharp cheddar
- Hit up Muldoon’s Irish Pub for Guinness Stew and a perfectly poured beer
- Don’t miss DivBar Smokehouse Barbecue, located on the waterfront at Newport Harbor, for a late-night meal, or delivery to your hotel room or beach house rental
- You’ll dig Bear Flag Fish Co. for delicious fresh fish tacos
- The mixologists at Tamarind of London – one of the coolest bars in town – will let you sit at the bar and test drinks – and create your own
- Check out the skeleton bar at Javier’s Grill & Cantina for an array of tequila and margarita selections – and a great local scene
- Head to SideDoor in Corona del Mar for upscale pub grub and international beer flights
- Get on your beach cruiser or walk the Newport Beach Pub Crawl, perfect for Sunday Funday: From the schooners at Mutt Lynch’s to the city’s coldest beer at Blackie’s on the Beach, this pub crawl has ocean views and plenty of people watching
- Head to Jetpack America and learn to fly, run on water or shoot up 30 feet in the air on a water propelled jet pack. We’re not kidding
- Have a bird’s eye view of Newport Beach on a helicopter tour to see panoramic views of the coast and sweeping views of the sea
Call the boys and get packing!