Your Newport Beach BBQ and Beer Guide
I don’t know about you, but nothing pairs better with a warm Newport Beach summer day than a cool beer and haute BBQ. And in case you don’t have time to prepare a full BBQ menu yourself, I have compiled Newport Beach BBQ (all harborfront locations with a view) and places for an ice cold refreshing beer.
First up on the menu is DivBAR, a waterfront restaurant conveniently located on Pacific Coast Highway. DivBAR is a causal and hip restaurant open for breakfast, late night eats and everything in between.
You can dine in, order to-go or even have your event catered. You can find savory BBQ from a bucket of chicken to their famous Baby Back Ribs – which are dry rubbed, slow smoked and mopped with sauce to perfection on the grill.
Did I mention the location? DivBAR is situated on Newport Harbor, you’re in for gorgeous views and dock space as well for those who would like to Dock & Dine at DivBAR.
Next, Balboa Barbie-Q, is a casual local gem located in the historic Fun Zone on Balboa Peninsula. After you’ve worked up an appetite kayaking, parasailing or riding the ferris wheel in the Fun Zone, you can head over to Barbie-Q.
The house favorite is Pulled Pork, BBQ Beans and Ribs. What’s more, is that they have their own house-made BBQ sauce, Sweet N’ Spicy and Original for your enjoyment.
Head over to Balboa Bay Resort, the only full-service waterfront hotel in Newport Beach for their famed summer BBQ. Every Sunday from now until August 25, 4:30pm – 7:30pm you can indulge in all your BBQ favorites and refreshing cocktails while listening to live Steel Drum, Reggae and Calypso music courtesy of Coconut Frank.
From gastropubs to local haunts, here are 5 places in Newport Beach to enjoy a cool beer!
1. Newport Beach Brewing Company: This award-winning brewery serves beer flights of their homemade brews. Developed in house, Newport Beach Brewing Company follows the Bavarian Purity Law of 1516 that states that beer may only contain barley, hops and water.
2. Mutt Lynch’s: This quintessential neighborhood haunt has been offering schooner-sized beers since 1976. Located on the peninsula boardwalk just steps from the sand, Mutt Lynch’s offers plenty of action and people watching.
3. SideDoor: A red key above the door marks the entrance to this English style pub in Corona del Mar. SideDoor offers an eclectic selection of artisan craft beers by the bottle, print or even 4oz tastings.
4. Back Bay Tavern: This tavern brings a “whole” new concept to the grocery store experience. Located in Whole Foods Market at Fashion Island, Back Bay Tavern boasts a wide variety of beers on tap.
5. Crow Burger Kitchen: Crow Burger Kitchen offers an assortment of draft, guest kegs and bottled beer from boutique to international breweries, you’re bound to try something new here!