FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
111TH ANNUAL NEWPORT BEACH CHRISTMAS BOAT PARADE ANNOUNCES FULL LINE-UP OF FESTIVITIES
One of America’s Most Iconic Christmas Events Details Grand Marshals, Viewing Locations and Ring of Lights Home Decorating Competition in Newport Beach
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (Dec. 5, 2019) – Everybody is welcome at the 111th Annual Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade taking place for five sensational nights on Dec. 18-22, 2019 in Newport Beach, Calif. Illuminating Newport Harbor for over a century, 100 extravagantly decorated boats will once again light up Newport Beach beginning at 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. For five nights, experience the parade in a wide-variety of fun-filled ways, from a family-friendly event on the sand to a memorable prix-fixe meal at a waterfront restaurant, below is a full line-up of happenings at America’s most iconic Christmas events.
GRAND MARSHAL LINE-UP:
- Wednesday, Dec. 18 – Christina Anstead: HGTV’s “Christina on the Coast” and “Flip or Flop” star, Christina Anstead will preside as grand marshal on opening night.
- Thursday, Dec. 19 – Distinguished Locals: The Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce honors Business Person of the Year Jim Walker and Citizen of the Year Nancy Gardner.
- Friday, Dec. 20 – The Young Americans®: The Young Americans, founded in 1962, is a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of understanding and goodwill among people throughout the world. Dubbed as America’s Musical Ambassadors, they use the power of music, dance, performance, academics, and cultural interaction to foster their mission.
- Saturday, Dec. 21 – A Salute to Hometown Heroes: Cheer on our local heroes, those first-responders and lifesavers who serve our communities, as they lead the evening’s festivities.
- Sunday, Dec. 22 – Corona del Mar High School Drum Line: The CdM Drum Line is one of the premiere performing groups at Corona del Mar High School. It serves as a musical ambassador, performing regularly in pep rallies as well as school and community events.
RING OF LIGHTS:
Homes along the boat parade route participate in a decorating contest called the Ring of Lights where each house features their own extravagantly themed decorations. From lights on every façade to roof-top animated scenes and dancing Christmas trees, the Ring of Lights has become as celebrated as the boat parade itself. Visitors can view homes by walking around Newport Beach waterfront neighborhoods such as Balboa Island and Balboa Village or view by boat charter or boat rental.
The parade will have an exhilarating firework display from the Newport Pier at 6:15 p.m. on opening and closing nights.
WHERE TO VIEW:
Marina Park Event on Opening Night: On Dec. 18, head to Marina Park for a prime viewing location and family-friendly activities including face painters, caricature, local food vendors and a live musical performance by The Young Americans. The American Childhood Cancer Organization (ACCO) and the Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce will also light the 2019 National Childhood Cancer Awareness Tree. The 20-foot-tall tree will be decorated with thousands of gold ribbons, the internationally – recognized symbol for childhood cancer. Every gold ribbon on the tree features the name of a child whose life has been impacted by childhood cancer.
1600 W Balboa Blvd, Newport Beach, CA 92663
Dine + Watch
There are over a dozen restaurants throughout Newport Harbor that offer a front-row view of the Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade and dozens more located near the water to dine and then view. Many restaurants offer special prix-fixe menus for the boat parade. Waterfront tables fill up early, start making your reservations today.
- The Lighthouse Bayview Cafe
- Sons of American Legion
- Newport Landing Restaurant
- Harborside Restaurant
- Waterline Newport Beach at Balboa Bay Resort
- A&O Kitchen+Bar at Balboa Bay Resort
- Mama’s Comfort Food & Cocktails
- Rusty Pelican Restaurant, Inc.
- The Winery Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Circle Hook Fish Co.
- Malibu Farm Lido
- Lido Bottle Works
Stay + Watch
Let the Boat Parade serve as a reason to book a holiday-inspired staycation in Newport Beach for a roster of festive events, shop for last-minute holiday gifts, enjoy winter menus and much more!
- Balboa Bay Resort
- Lido House
- Fashion Island Hotel
- Renaissance Newport Beach
- Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
- Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
- The Resort at Pelican Hill
Float + Watch
Book one of Newport Beach’s premier cruise boats to see the holiday lights and displays on the boats in the parade and homes along the water that is guaranteed to be a magical and evening under the stars.
- Balboa Boat Rentals
- Captain Newport Boat Rentals
- Catalina Passenger Service
- Classic Yacht Excursions
- Davey’s Locker Boat Tours
- East Meets West Excursions
- Electra Cruises, Inc.
- Gondola Adventures
- Hornblower Cruises & Events
- Newport Coastal Adventure
- Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort and Marina
- Newport Landing Cruises
- Newport Pontoons
- Newport Sailing Adventures
- Newport Yacht Rental LLC
- C. Boat Rentals
- Orange County Charters
- Pacific Avalon Yacht Charters
- Sail Elysium
Park + Watch:
Bundle up, bring a chair and break out the hot cocoa, here are the places to your waterfront spot at all of the vantage points in Newport Beach.
- Balboa Peninsula is also home to many vantage points of the spectacle. In Balboa Village, consider areas along Edgewater Place, Marina Park and at the Balboa Fun Zone.
- Balboa Island provides prime viewing location of the Boat Parade and the Ring of Lights home decorating competition.
- Boats pass directly in front of China Cove Beach, and Lookout Point offers an amazing view. For park settings, West Jetty View Park and Via Lido Park can’t be beat.
- Reserved seating is available at the Newport Boy Scout Sea Base (1931 West Coast Highway).
For more information about the 111th Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade, please visit www.christmasboatparade.com.
For images or b-roll of the 111th Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade, please email Erin Rose: email@example.com
# # #
About the Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce
The Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce is a business organization of almost 700 members representing over 20,000 employees. The Chamber, with its five councils, committees, staff and valuable members, works with city officials, local businesses and the community at large to promote the local economy. More information can be found at www.newportbeach.com.
About the Commodores Club
The Commodores Club is a council comprised of actively involved members of the Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce providing leadership, organization and fundraising support on business, social and community special events that promote the overall mission of the Chamber.
About Newport Beach & Company
Founded in January 2013, Newport Beach & Company is a non-profit organization established to serve as the official marketing agency for the city of Newport Beach. The agency brings together all of the marketing entities connected to the Newport Beach brand, and is designed to oversee separate business units that include Visit Newport Beach, Dine Newport Beach, Celebrate Newport Beach, Enterprise Newport Beach and Newport Beach TV. For more information, please go to VisitNewportBeach.com.
Newport Beach & Company
Newport Beach & Company