October 30, 2013
Soirée in the Vineyards
As we head towards the holidays, it is always a great time to remember and help those who are less fortunate. One Orange County group that has worked tirelessly to provide meals for people and their families is the Orange County Food Bank. The OC Food bank and Newport Beach Vineyards and Winery are teaming up to host a unique and sophisticated charity event. It is called Soirée in the Vineyards and it takes place Sunday, November 3rd at the Newport Beach Vineyards and Winery.
If you’ve never been to Newport Beach Vineyards and Winery, let me tell you, it is a hidden gem in this city. It is not open to the public. You can only visit this slice of Bordeaux by attending a private event on the property. The garden area features beautiful vineyards, and a medley of nature and ecological preserves in the Upper Newport Bay. You will also find a Koi Pond, Aviary, and Wine Cave amidst the vineyards.
The Soirée in the Vineyards is one of those rare times when you can have access to this beautiful property and give back at the same time.The event runs from 4p.m. to 7p.m. and features wine tasting, diverse food pairings, and live jazz from Jerry Mandel and his all-star jazz band.
A special one-hour VIP Soirée precedes the main event.
The VIP Soirée features:
- A classic Italian cooking demonstration from Celebrity Chef Antonio, of the award-winner Anontello Risotrante.
- Richard Moriarty, owner and winemaker, will be signing bottles and talking about his latest wine.
- Guests attending the VIP Soirée will also enjoy exclusive tastings from early library and vintage unreleased 2011 Estate Blend.
- Erik Hale, the publisher of Locale Magazine will discuss the “New Orange County.”
- Guests also receive a complimentary bottle of wine.
The Maine Soirée tickets cost $150.
Limited edition tickets that include the VIP Soirée cost $325.